Tunes: Buy your music here.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

True Inspiration!

 Last Monday evening I took my Scene Study acting course at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in NYC. I must say it was very cool.  There were people for different backgrounds ages 18-40.  When the instructor asked us to introduce ourselves, I was particularly  inspired by this 20 something year old girl, who stated that every weekend she drives to New York City from her home town of Tennessee.  Yes you heard me correctly,  I said TENNESSEE.  The entire class looked at her as if she was crazy. She went on to say how the 12 hour drive allows her to focus and although it sounds crazy she believes in it so much and how acting is her passion and she will follow her dreams no matter what.

I sat there thinking about so many people that are here in New York City surrounded by all this opportunity  and ain't they ain't doing a damn thing with themselves.  Here is this girl driving alone 12 hours chasing her dream. You have to respect that.   I want to thank her for sharing  her because that motivated me to keep going after what I want.   Hopefully the 5 people that are reading this blog with be inspired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment