Tunes: Buy your music here.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Get your finances in order Part 2: The update

  In February I posted some tips on how to save money and I can say that things have been looking good.   It's so easy to get discouraged when it comes to saving money. We hear everyday on the news about the poor economy.   I didn't let that stop me.  I took baby steps,  I made a list of all the things I was spending money on.  We need to know where every dime is going and I mean every single dime. That is the only way to get a grip on things.   Stop being in denial not opening the bill is not going to make it go away it will only pile up. So now you have a bunch of dept and a pile of envelopes taking up space on your desk. 

I stepped back and looked at all that I was doing.  I asked myself was I spending too much money on foolishness?  Was every bill that I had a necessity?   Then off course I separated my wants from my needs.  Got rid of the magazine, music and book clubs.  I started putting a little money aside every week.  I stopped with the damn credit cards, my attitude was if I can't buy it with cash then I don't need it.   

Everything has worked out good for me so far.  I have a nice little savings and an emergency fund that I have not touched  No I am not rich, (not yet anyway) but I am headed down the right road.   While on my journey of saving money I stumbled upon this great show called The Dave Ramsey Show.  I can't credit him for getting my finances together because I had already started several months before ever hearing his show, but I can say listening to his show is very motivating  and keeping me on the right track.   Check out www.daverasmey.com   I listen to his podcast on Itunes.   This man tells it like it is and hearing the stories of others who overcame debt is sure to inspire.


















No comments:

Post a Comment