Tunes: Buy your music here.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Singer EL DeBarge Enters Rehab


EL Debarge bringing the house down at the BET Awards

 R & B crooner El Debarge announced that he will be putting his tour dates on hold to enter rehab due to substance abuse struggles.  The 80s superstar known for hits like my jam , All This Love,  and I like It to name a few told CBS News   “I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me.”

While I am a bit disappointed I am glad that El is attempting to get himself together.   This past November he released his first album in 15 years titled Second Chance.  Since then he has made  a quite an  impressive comeback appearing on various talks shows and performing on the BET Awards, Soul Train Awards,  The UNCF Tribute to Chaka Khan and The Celebration of Gospel. He also has reality show on BET's Centric station called Inside El.   On top of that his new album was nominated for two Grammys.

 The brother is really trying to get himself together by checking himself into rehab, I can't be mad at that. I don't know what it's like to fight drug addiction but we've all seen how it can destroy lives, my prayers are with you brother.  Stay strong.

http://www.eldebargemusic.com/


The Album Second Chance is a must have !!





















On the cover of EBONY Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment