Tunes: Buy your music here.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back to School: The adventure continues!


As you all know I am in the Graduate program at Berklee College of Music. My Music Publishing 101 class ended last week and I gained a lot of knowledge and was sad that it had come to an end. The grades are not out yet but I was maintaining an A average throughout the 12 weeks so we shall see. Well this week the spring courses begin and I am now in my first week of Desktop Music Production. This course is teaching me how to produce music, using the programs Reason and Cakewalk. Well I opened up the Reason software today and didn't know what the hell I was doing. The damn demo started playing fast ass club track. My girl called me on the phone while I was trying to find my way around this program. She heard the thumping beat and I lied and told her it was one of my creations. LOL Before she could get excited I told it was just playing. There is no way I could have learned to make a beat that quick or that hot! I was thinking to myself. "Damn what did I just get myself into?"

But the positive side of me always comes through and instead of having a tittie attack I decided to man up and stay focused. I can't let myself get all discouraged now. I paid too much money for these damn classes and I am going to get my money's worth and then some. So I say bring on desktop production you are going down!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment