Tunes: Buy your music here.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lalah Hathaway Live at The Highline Ballroom


My girl did it again! She surprised me with tickets to see Lalah Hathaway live at The Highline Ballroom on  October 21, 2011. I had a great time this woman is a true vocalist just like her father the late great Donny Hathaway.  Her voice is rich, soulful, smokey, sensational and will knock you off your feet.  She's a singer's singer, a true musician who really knows how to use her voice.  She sang most of my favorites, including her take on classics like Anita Baker's, Angel,   Earth Wind & Fire's  Love's Holiday,  and paid tribute to her father with the always moving A Song For You.  Other jams included  Baby Don't Cry I'm Coming Back (see video below),  For Always Forever For Love a Luther Vandross song that she in my opinion she has turned into her very own signature song. The show was one to see if she's in your town be sure to check her out and please get the new album  Where It All Begins, in stores now.





New Album in stores and on iTunes now

No comments:

Post a Comment