Tunes: Buy your music here.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Keep The Dream Alive.



 Today we celebrate the birthday of a man who died fighting for the rights of all people. Martin Luther King has always been a hero and a true inspiration and I would like to salute him for never giving up and dying for what he believed in.  I remember as child  wanting to follow in his footsteps learning all I could about him. One year I even asked my mother to make a birthday cake for both me and him because our birthdays were so close and she did it.    Today I ask myself has his dream been realized?  We have come a long way with a having our first black President, Barack Obama but the tea party rhetoric, the senseless violence in Arizona and across the country still reminds that we have a long way to go.  Keep the dream alive.


























No comments:

Post a Comment