Tunes: Buy your music here.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Stop Power Trippin' you ain't nothing but a hall monitor!!

I can't stand nor do I respect a person who gets a little title behind their name and loses their damn mind.  You all know the person I am talking about, every job has one.  These special people are called team leaders, supervisors or managers. I personally like to call them hall monitors.  They micro manage and blow the smallest things out of proportion.  "Please see me before taking any pens from the supply cabinet.” or “I'd like to call a meeting about the proper use of the copy machine."    Okay maybe I am exaggerating a little bit but not so much.  I just don’t understand why they are walking around with huge egos. That promotion has gone to their heads.
  
Before you say "Oh he's just being jealous." let me point out that I like my position but it’s not my career. It is simply a means to an end until I become the SUPERSTAR that I was born to be.  (I get excited just thinking about it LOL).  These people need to understand that because you are now a manager does not mean you are my parent.  It does not give you the right to talk to people any way you choose.   There are no children on these jobs; last time I checked we were all adults.  Most people work very hard, have families and other issues they are dealing with outside of work. They don’t need to come to the office to be treated poorly.

My personal favorites are the email gangsters.  The ones that like to send outrageous emails the first thing in the morning. In the email they usually accuse you of something without checking the facts or make tough demands.  The email gangsters will carbon copy the director on the email, trying to prove to him or her how they have the team under control. Then when you step to them (in a professional manner of course) they become sweeter than sugar.  I can’t tell you how many times I have had to put one of these ego maniacs in their place.

I want to say to all the managers jack asses that behave in such a manner, come back down to earth.  Being a manager does not make you super human, you are not the chosen one, and the CEO does not give a damn about you either.  If the company merges and or has budget cuts most of the time in my experience, you are the first to go. Yes it’s true you can be replaced too.  Please learn how to treat people with respect and relax because you are not that big of a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment